Located in Baggio district, in the western suburbs of Milan, Marchiondi building is a masterpiece of italian brutalism. Designed by Vittoriano Viganò in 1953, the building has been abandoned for 40 years. The architect planned this gated institute for young criminals on the basis of a new pedagogic notion. The order manifests itself in the readily comprehensible inner logic that is highlighted by the use of plain materials with exposed piping and wiring. Half-height walls always ensure to perceive the complex's various parts as a whole. Banham praised it as "one of the major surprises of European architecture in the late 50s"